Last updated May 23, 2023.
- Enter and use our Website: https://chaindots.com;
- Engage with us in other similar ways, including any sales, events or marketing.
- Information we collect
1.1 Personal information you disclose to us
We gather personal information that you disclose to us voluntarily when you express an interest in obtaining information on our products and services, when you participate in activities on the Website, or when you contact us in any other way.
In particular, the personal information we collect may include:
- Email addresses
- Company names
We do not process sensitive information which includes religious or philosophical beliefs, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, political opinions, health information or biometric or genetic information among others.
All personal information that you give us must be genuine, complete and accurate, and you must keep us informed of any updates to such personal information.
1.2 Information automatically collected
When you access, utilize, or navigate the Website, we automatically gather some information. This data does not directly identify you (for instance, it does not include your name or contact information) but it may include technical data about your device and usage, such as your IP address, browser and device details, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, and location. This data is primarily required for internal analytics and reporting, as well as to ensure the security and functionality of our Website.
Additionally, we gather data via cookies and related technologies.
The information we collect includes:
- Log and Usage Data. When you access or use our Website, our servers automatically gather log and usage data, which we record in log files. This information relates to services, diagnostics, usage, and performance information. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type, and settings and information about your activity in the Website (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches, and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports, and hardware settings).
- Device Data. When you use a computer, phone, tablet, or other device to use the Website, we may collect device data about that particular device. This device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system, and system configuration information, depending on the device used.
- Location Data. We gather location data, such as details about the precise or approximate position of your device. The kind and configuration of the device you use to access the Website will determine how much information we gather. For instance, we may get geolocation information about your present location using GPS and other technologies (based on your IP address). You have the option to refuse access to the data or turn off your device’s location services if you do not want us to gather this information. However, if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain features of the Website.
- Processing of Information
Depending on how you use our Website, we may process your personal information for a variety of purposes, such as:
- To provide and facilitate the provision of services or products to the user. We may process your information to deliver you with the requested service.
- To answer user questions/provide support to users. We may process your information to respond to your inquiries and address any potential problems you may have with the requested service.
- To deliver administrative information to you. We may process your data to send you information about our products and services, updates to our terms and policies, and other related information.
- To contact users. We may use the information to get in contact with you.
Please note that, because Chaindots has activity in different countries and that Chaindots has external cloud and technological infrastructure providers, data may be collected and processed in countries outside where you are located. Chaindots will always strive to apply the same terms to the protection of the data in international transfers as those terms stated herein.
- Legal basis
We only process your personal information when we deem it necessary and when there is a legal basis to do so under applicable law, such as when you give us your consent, when we need to comply with the law, when we need to provide you with services, when we need to enter into a contract with you or fulfill one we already have, when we need to protect your rights, or when we need to pursue our legitimate business interests.
3.1 European Union (EU) & United Kingdom (UK)
This section applies to you if you are located in the EU or the UK.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and UK GDPR, we are required to describe the legitimate legal grounds on which we depend in order to process your personal data. As a result, we may use the following legal justification to treat your personal data:
- Consent. We may process your information if you have given us permission to use your personal information for a certain purpose. Your permission is revocable at any time.
- Execution of a Contract. We may process your personal information when we consider it is essential to carry out our contractual obligations to you, such as by providing our services or products, or at your request before we engage in a contract with you.
- Legal Requirements. We may process your information when we consider it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations, such as to cooperate with a law enforcement or regulatory agency, to exercise or defend our legal rights, or to provide your information as evidence in a lawsuit in which we are involved.
- Vital Interests. We may process your information when we consider it is necessary to protect your vital interests or the vital interest of another party, such as when there are possible threats to anyone’s safety.
This section applies to you if you are located in Canada.
If you have explicitly authorized us to use your personal information for a particular purpose or in circumstances where it is reasonable to assume that you have provided your consent (i.e., implied consent), we may process your information. Your consent is revocable at any time.
In some exceptional cases, we may be legally allowed under applicable law to process your information without your consent, including, for instance:
- If collection is clearly necessary to protect a person’s interests and prompt permission cannot be attained.
- For research, fraud detection and fraud prevention.
- For commercial transactions, provided certain criteria are met.
- If it is contained in a witness statement and the gathering is required to evaluate, process, or settle an insurance claim.
- For identifying injured, ill, or deceased persons and getting in touch with their next of kin.
- If we have reason to suspect someone has been, is being, or could be the victim of financial abuse.
- If there is a good reason to believe that the information’s availability or accuracy would be compromised by its collection and use with consent, and the investigation of a contract breach or a violation of federal or provincial legislation justifies the collection.
- If a subpoena, warrant, court order, or rules of the court governing the production of records require disclosure to be made.
- If it was generated by an individual in the course of their employment, business, or profession and the collection is compatible with the purposes for which the information was produced.
- If the collection is only being used for literary, artistic and journalistic purposes.
- If the information is open to the public and is specified by the regulations.
- Sharing of personal information
In the course of or in conjunction with any merger, sale of corporate assets, financing, or purchase of all or a portion of our business by another firm, we may be required to exchange or transfer your personal information.
- Cookies and other tracking technologies
- Preservation of information
If we no longer have a legitimate business reason to process your personal information, we will either delete it or make it anonymous. If this is not possible (for instance, if the data is contained in backup archives), we will securely store the data and keep it separate from any other processing until deletion is possible.
- Security of information
To ensure the security of any personal information we process, we have put in place necessary and reasonable organizational security measures. No electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology, however, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we are unable to promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties won’t be able to circumvent our security and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, you bear all risks associated with sending personal information to or from our Website. You should only use secure environments to access the Website.
- Collection on information from minors
We do not knowingly collect information from minors under the age of 18 or market to them. By using the Website, you confirm that you are at least 18 years old or that you are the parent or legal guardian of the minor and agree to the minor dependent’s use of the Website. If we become aware that a user under the age of 18 has provided us with personal information, we will immediately take reasonable steps to ensure that the information is removed from our files. Please email us at [email protected] if you learn of any information we may have about anyone under the age of 18 that we may have obtained.
- Privacy rights
In some regions (for example the EEA, UK, and Canada), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the following: (i) the right to request access to and a copy of your personal information; (ii) the right to request correction or deletion; (iii) the right to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, the right to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also be able to object to the processing of your personal information. You can submit such a request by contacting us at [email protected].
We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
9.1 Withdrawing your consent
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, which may be express and/or implied consent depending on the applicable law, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Contact us at [email protected] at any time to withdraw your consent.
Please be aware, however, that this will not affect the legality of the processing before the withdrawal nor, when applicable laws allow, will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
9.2 Opting out of marketing and promotional communications
By clicking the unsubscribe link in the emails we send you or sending us an email at [email protected], you can opt out of receiving our marketing and promotional messages at any time. After that, your name will be taken off of marketing lists. We may still get in touch with you, nevertheless, for reasons including responding to service requests, sending you messages that are connected to your account’s administration and use, or for other non-marketing reasons.
9.3 Cookies and similar technologies
You can send an email to us at [email protected] if you have any inquiries or concerns regarding your privacy rights.
- Controls for do-not-track features
- California residents’ rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
11.2 CCPA Privacy Notice
According to the California Code of Regulations, a “resident” is:
- Every individual who is in the state of California for other than a temporary or transitory purpose; and
- Every individual who is domiciled in the State of California who is outside the State of California for a temporary or transitory purpose.
All other individuals are defined as “non-residents”.
If you fall within this definition of «resident,» we have legal obligations and rights relating to your personal information.
11.2.1 Categories of information
In the last twelve (12) months, we have gathered the following categories of personal information:
|Contact details such as real name, alias, postal address, telephone or mobile contact number, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address.
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute
|Name, contact information, education, employment, employment history and financial information.
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law
|Gender and date birth.
- Commercial information
|Transaction information, purchase history, financial details, and payment information.
- Biometric information
|Fingerprints and voiceprints.
- Internet or other similar network activity
|Browsing history, search history, online behavior, interest data, and interactions with our and other websites, applications, systems, and advertisements.
- Geolocation data
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information
|Images and audio, video or call recordings created in connection with our business activities.
- Professional or employment-related information
|Business contact details in order to provide you our services or products at a business level or job title, work history, and professional qualifications if you apply for a job with us
- Education Information
|Student records and directory information.
- Inferences drawn from other personal information
|Inferences drawn from any of the collected personal information listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, and individual’s preferences and characteristics.
We may also collect additional personal information outside of these categories through instances where you interact with us in person, online, by phone or mail in the context of:
- Receiving assistance through our customer support channels;
- Participation in customer surveys or contests; and
- Facilitation in the delivery of our services and products and to respond to your questions.
11.2.2 Using and sharing your personal information
Email us at [email protected] if you want to get in touch.
If you use an authorized agent to exercise your right to opt out, we reserve the right to reject your request if the agent fails to provide documentation proving their authority to act on your behalf.
In accordance with a formal agreement we have with our service providers, we may share your personal information with them. Each service provider is a for-profit business that processes information on our behalf.
Your personal information might be used by us for internal company needs, like conducting research for technical development and testing. This is not considered to be “selling” your personal information.
In the last twelve (12) months, Riesgo Latam SAS has not shared or sold any personal information to other parties for business or commercial purposes. Riesgo Latam SAS will not sell personal information in the future belonging to Website visitors, users, and other consumers.
11.2.3 Rights with respect to personal data
Right to request deletion of data:
- You have the right to request the removal of your personal data. Subject to certain exceptions allowed by law, such as (but not limited to) the exercise by another customer of his or her right to free speech, our compliance requirements resulting from a legal obligation, or any processing that may be necessary to protect against illegal activities, if you ask us to delete your personal information, we will do so.
Right to be informed:
- Depending on the circumstances, you have a right to know:
- whether we gather and utilize your personal data;
- the categories of personal information that we gather;
- the purposes for which the collected personal information is used;
- whether we sell your personal information to other parties;
- the categories of personal information that we sold or shared for commercial purposes;
- the types of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or shared for a business purpose; and
- the economic or business reason behind selling or collecting personal information.
- We are not required by applicable law to provide or remove de-identified consumer information in response to a consumer request or to re-identify individual data to verify a consumer request.
Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of a Consumer’s Privacy Rights:
- We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your privacy rights.
- In order to confirm that you are the same person about whom we have the information in our system, we will need to confirm your identification after receiving your request. We need to ask you for information as part of our verification efforts so we can compare it to the data you’ve already given us. For instance, depending on the kind of request you make, we might ask you for specific information so that we can compare it to the data we already have on file, or we might get in touch with you using a contact method (such phone or email) that you have previously given us. Depending on the situation, we might additionally employ additional verification techniques.
- We will only confirm your identity or right to make the request using the personal information you supply in your request. We shall refrain from asking you for further information for the purpose of verification as much as feasible. However, if we are unable to confirm your identification using the data we currently have, we may ask you for additional information in order to confirm your identity as well as for security or fraud prevention reasons. As soon as we’ve finished verifying you, we’ll remove any additional information you may have supplied.
Other privacy rights:
- Other privacy rights include:
- You may object to the processing of your personal information.
- You may request correction of your personal data if it is inaccurate or no longer necessary, or ask to restrict the processing of the information.
- You can designate an authorized agent to submit a request under the CCPA on your behalf. If an authorized agent fails to provide evidence of their legal capacity to operate on your behalf in line with the CCPA, we may reject their request.
- You may request to opt out from future selling of your personal information to third parties. We shall comply with an opt-out request as soon as it is reasonable to do so, but no later than fifteen (15) days after the request is submitted.
- You can reach us by email at [email protected] or by using the information provided at the bottom of this policy to exercise your rights. We want to hear from you if you have a problem about how we manage your data.
Riesgo Latam SAS
Calle Blanes Viale 206
- Reviewing, updating or deleting your data
You may be able to request access to, alterations to, or deletion of the personal data we gather about you, depending on the laws that apply in your country. Send an email to [email protected] with your request to review, update, or remove your personal information.
- Governing law
- Dispute resolution